If you’re breastfeeding, perhaps you’d like to know things you can do to make money while breastfeeding.
Breastfeeding is an interesting time.
On the one hand, you get to stare at your sweet baby. Watching my little ones be nourished and soothed by the same body that birthed them is an experience I will never forget—and one that I will never, ever take for granted.
Check out these 11 Absolutely Necessary Breastfeeding Essentials for New Moms.
On the other hand, breastfeeding takes up a lot of time, and—if I’m keeping it honest here—there’s only so much time that can be passed by staring at your baby. Or at least that was the case for me.
So how do you use the rest of your time during a nursing session? I’ve tried lots of things such as:
- Binge-watching shows on Netflix.
- Casually eating way too much of those super addictive trail mixes.
- Catching up on some social media stalking (which is at it all-time highest during pregnancy and breastfeeding, in my opinion).
- Listening to a new novel on Audible. Get two free audiobooks here.
- Going on a Pinterest pinning spree.
It was the last item on that list—Pinterest—which actually lead me to the idea of using some of that extra time to make some extra income for my family.
I’m always really skeptical about “Doing this one thing will make you all of the money” kind of posts, as I’m sure you are, and I know there are a ton of such posts floating around out there.
While I could post a gigantic list of ways that you could potentially make money, I’m not going to.
I’ve wasted a lot of my own time trying out ways to make money online that haven’t panned out. The items on this list are things that I’ve personally made income from while breastfeeding.
Does that mean that you are guaranteed to make income from them, as well? Of course not.
But I can tell you from personal experience that the possibility is there, and I’ve tried to write out as many helpful tips and tricks as I can to help increase your chances of side-hustle success!
Things You Can Do To Make Money While Breastfeeding
- 5 Things That Make Weaning from Breastfeeding Easier
- How to Build a Breastmilk Freezer Stash When You Have a Low Supply
- 12 Breastfeeding Tips and Hacks Every Mom Should Know
1. Start Your Own Blog
I started my blog from scratch on my iPhone while nursing my daughter—and made it profitable within a few months.
How much money am I making, you ask? Right now—enough to help pay a few bills.
It took some time and a lot of hard work to get everything set up in the beginning, but now that it’s up and running, I’m doing blog-related work for about 10-15 hours a week tops.
You can learn how to start your own money-making blog here.
2. Take Online Surveys
If you’re looking for a way to pick up some extra income that isn’t a big time commitment, online surveys are a great option.
I’ve earned a few Target gift cards from taking surveys on Survey Junkie—enough to put a little dent in the household purchases and necessary Starbucks treats.
Keep in mind that taking online surveys can be very hit or miss. You’ll only qualify to take certain surveys, and if no surveys are available, it limits your ability to make income
What I’m trying to say is—don’t expect online surveys to lead to a full-time salary; they are just a way to make a little bit of easy extra income.
3. Pin Products on Maven (no longer active)
If you’re a fan of Pinterest, you’re going to love Maven.
Maven lets you “pin” products that you find online to different boards, and when people purchase items from those boards, you earn a commission!
I share my boards on my blog, but you can make money from Maven even without being a blogger. Boards can be easily shared with friends and family members via email or your personal social
To get started with Maven:
- Set up a free Maven account here.
- Complete your Maven profile.
- Create Maven boards. (Just start with a few—you can always add more later!)
Take a peek at the massive list of retailers that you can earn a commission from and have fun searching for items that you love and saving them to your boards.
Share those boards! Friends and family members can browse through the items you’re pinning and shop through your links.
Pro-Tips to Make the Most Out of Maven:
- Pin often! This keeps your boards visible on Maven’s homepage and will help keep your friends and family checking back often to see your new finds.
- Use your referral link to sign up your friends!
- If you have any friends who are trying to make a little extra passive income, suggest that they sign up for Maven. You’ll receive $1 per referral, plus 25% of that referral’s sale earnings for nine months.
- Shop your own links! Yep, Maven even pays you a commission if you buy something from one of your own links. Amazing, right?! Essentially like using Ibotta but without having to send in your receipt.
4. Buy, Sell, or Donate Your Breastmilk
Only the Breast is a community for moms to donate, sell, or buy breast milk. By selling your breast milk, you can make a side income while helping moms and babies in need.